Sunday, November 18, 2012

Weekend Update

Hello friends!!

Sorry it's been quiet around here. We're in a bit of a money crunch around the T house, so this past week mama has had her nose to the grindstone trying to work as much as I can.  And since I work from home, this usually means working during naps & once the hubs gets home- also known as my prime blogging time!!

If you can believe it, until this afternoon I had not been out of the house since we got back from our trip last Monday night.  Yes, almost a full week of not leaving the house!!  And yes, that is pathetic!!  I just haven't had the spare time.  And somehow, when there's no money to spend, there seems to be very few reasons to go out.  Sad, I know.

So this weekend has been spent doing some more work, and of course, watching lots of football.  But it's also been spent having a little pity party for myself.  Yes, as good as I know I have it, I want to have it better.  I thought about typing all the things I wish I had, but as I went over them in my head, they just seemed silly.  I know I have the things I'm supposed to have, and that's that.  The problem isn't with my deficits, it's with just being happy.  So, it's a work in progress.  Just writing this helps put things in perspective a little.

And there are lots of fun things to look forward to.  Like seeing our family this week for one of my favorite holidays: Thanksgiving!!  There are lots of yummy foods to be made and consumed, and hopefully some craftiness as well.  And of course lots of family time and spoiling of babygirl with lovin. 

I'm thinking of heading outdoors this week to look for pine cones to make these adorable table decorations for the Thanksgiving table:


Don't you just love those?  So simple, and easy!!  I think I'll use leftover orange paint from our dining room walls.  :)

I'll leave you with this thought that's resonating with me tonight...





How true is that?!?

Happy Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!