Sunday, September 2, 2012

Weekend Update

I thought about saving this for tomorrow evening, since it's a 3-day weekend, but then decided what the heck, I'll post Sunday night as usual!

This has been another low-key weekend, getting things done around the house, and relaxing along the way.  I continued our painting from last weekend, and have pretty much finished up the downstairs (pics to come this week, promise!).  The hubs worked out in the yard, and babygirl did lots of driving around the house in her pink Jeep walker, "reading" the newspaper, and playing with an early birthday present- a stuffed dog that talks and moves its ears- she's obsessed!!  We also watched lots of college football on Saturday, and since babygirl had some practice cheering on Thursday when we went to the GSU game, she was very good at clapping and yelling, now we just need to work on her timing!

Of course I also worked on some house projects, including a homemade bug spray, tutorial to come.


I did a little shopping at one of my favorite fabric stores- I could spend ALL DAY in there, and am thinking about going back tomorrow!!  I saw a remnant that I debated getting for pillows, and now I can't get it out of my head!!  I adore that multi-colored chevron and wish it wasn't so heavy, or I'd snap it up to make a dress for babygirl.


I discovered a little nook I'd never seen before with all sorts of colorful ric-rac and trims.  Heaven!


While I was there I picked up a little remnant to work on a gift for a friend (so I'm only showing the teeniest sneak peek!) and this sample fabric "book" that was free!  I love their free bins, sometimes they have the coolest stuff.  I picked this up because these sample "pages" are the perfect size to make oatmeal container headband holders.  So excited!


  
I also made a stop at Goodwill and a few other shops and have supplies for some crafty ventures.  Can't wait to get started!  Actually, I couldn't wait, and have already gotten started, lol.  Pics & posts to come this week!
 

Happy Labor Day to everyone!!  We have tickets to the Braves game tomorrow afternoon- babygirl's first baseball game!  Just hoping the weather holds up and it's not too hot.  Maybe swimming tomorrow afternoon and grilling out, and of course I always try to squeeze in projects.  My kind of weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!