Monday, January 14, 2013

Things I've Learned, While Taking a (blogging) Break

I've noticed a few things in my hiatus.  Here they are, in no particular order:

1)  No one notices when you ARE blogging, but EVERYONE feels free to point out when you're not.  This is particularly annoying to me because I know folks are reading from the stats, and yet I rarely get comments.  Which is fine because I know I read tons of blogs and rarely comment.  And yet, folks (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!) like to make all manner of comments about how I'm not blogging.  Helllooooooooooo, if you like-y the blog-y, show a mama some love!!  Just sayin'.

2)  The longer you don't blog, the harder it is to get back to it.  I kept thinking, okay, this will be the day.  No, THIS will be the day.  And here we are, two months later.  Time flies when: you're having fun, you have kids, and when you have a blog.  Feel free to quote me on that.

3)  I suck MAJORLY at taking pictures.  I mean M-A-J-O-R-L-Y.  And not only for the blog, in my life too.  At Christmas I fully intended to document the whole experience (we have a little one, that's what you're supposed to do, right?), but my camera battery died on Christmas Eve (I charged it beforehand, I promise!), my phone likes to spontaneously shut down pretty much every other picture I take, and it just feels AWKWARD taking a picture with the iPad.  So to sum it up, I suck!  Cuz no one wants to read a blog without photos.  And yet I always forget to take 'em, or I have malfunctioning equipment.  Is this a justification for new equipment??

4)  I have so little truly FREE time, and I easily squander the time I do have with blog-surfing and pin-surfing, ie: mindless relaxation.  I was good at writing a blog 7+ years ago when I was single, and though I still had a life, I had plenty of downtime without a husband or a kid, so I could think about my posts, thoughtfully write & edit them, and produce quality writing several times a week.  But these days, I prefer to spend my free time with my hubs, or babygirl.  And when I'm not doing that, I'm trying to work.  And when I'm not doing that, I'm pretty much exhausted so I'm trying to chill (mindless blog & pin-surfing).  But I do MISS blogging, and I do WANT to do it.  So....working on a way to make that balance.

5)  Ummm, there may not be a 5.  That might be it.

So, I'd hesitate to call it a comeback, cuz I HAVE been here for years (lol), but seriously, I have at least one more post lined up for this week, so come back soon, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!