Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Things I'm Loving...

It seems that every blogger in blogland does these type of posts on a semi-regular basis.  I've shied away from them, but the lighting in our house has been dreadful due to way too many dreary rainy days, and I need all the sunshine I can get to make my pics look even half-decent!  So I thought I'd do a little round up of some of the things on my radar lately.


These are so not me.  I mean SO not me.  But I saw a pic of them on someone and I've been obsessed ever since.  In my mind I see them worn with leggings or super skinny jeans.  I'm pretty sure the reality wouldn't look at all like the picture in my head, but can't stop a girl from dreaming!


I saw a potted Maidenhair fern at the supermarket the other day in preparation for Valentine's day and fell in love with it.  I don't know if it was the vibrant green sign of life in this gloomy weather, or the delicate scalloped leaves, but I wanted it terribly.  At $24.99 it seemed a bit steep, but I'm hoping that ferns won't be the #1 seller this v-day and it will be marked down!

Speaking of greenery, Natalie did a post on orchids earlier this week, and I've been thinking about them ever since. I've only ever had one orchid that was given to us as a gift, and I killed it.  I'm not the best with houseplants.  But, now that I know the trick to keeping orchids alive is lots of sunshine and an icecube a week, I think I could give it another try!  Ikea, of all places, always seems to have really pretty ones, and at $9.99 or $15.99 each, I think that's a pretty good deal!  Does anyone know what the heck you're supposed to do once the flowers fall off?  I've never figured that out...


I'm going to blame this one on subliminal TV advertising- I swear I saw a flash of an emerald green teardrop earring on a lady in a commercial, and now I want some!!  I don't even wear earrings much, though that is a habit I'd like to change.  These are sooo pretty, and hey, emerald green is the Pantone color of the year


I know I'm totally late to the colorful skinny jeans bandwagon, but last weekend I saw a pair of turquoise ones and I wanted them like crazy.  I'm just not sure I'm brave enough to wear brightly colored skinny jeans!!  These ones from Old Navy are super cute, and $12.97 isn't much of a risk!

I've been itching to start working on our guest bedroom for ages, but we don't have the spare cash right now, and I'm not 100% sure what I want to do.  I know that I've been drawn to bold black & white stripes and buffalo check.  Every time I see this blanket at Ikea, I'm tempted to buy 2 and stash them away until I can get started on the room.  It's such a soft blanket and I think it would look perfect folded over the foot of the beds dressed in fluffy white duvets.  And this headboard of Jenny's has totally inspired me.  Ah, I wish I could get started, like yesterday!

Well those are just a few things on my dream shopping list, what's on yours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!