Monday, August 27, 2012

Before & After: Dining Room


Oh goodness, I can't believe I am even showing you that hot mess of a dining room!!  It was a disaster.  After we turned the office into a playroom, all the miscellaneous stuff that we couldn't find a home for landed on the dining room table.  Not to mention the table is also my crafting/project space, and a place where I take a bunch of blog pics!!!  But I kind of like that it looks so terrible, because it makes the after pics look even better!!!

We got to work last week painting the dining room in Daredevil, by Sherwin Williams.  I'm a HUGE fan of orange, it seems to pop up in most of the rooms in our house, and I love the idea of an orange dining room!  We actually painted a dining room in one of our previous homes orange, but I think I got the color much better this time!!  And let me just add a side note, I had narrowed the color down to a couple, and was favoring a darker shade called Cayenne.  My sister suggested I go with the slightly lighter Daredevil.  I am quite sure she will want credit for picking the perfect shade, so there ya go, Cris!!  :)

Without further ado, here is the after:
Another before:
And after:
Before (sorry for the poor light!):
And after:
Those elephant ears are from our garden, love them!!
Feeling like I need to change/edit the top of this little credenza, but for now here it is:
Not sure how long those glass pieces will be able to stay on this shelf with babygirl zipping around the house!  Oh, and I already made a little tweak over here, will be back tomorrow to show you that...


Overall, I am SOOOO pleased with the new color!!  It reads a tiny bit brighter in the photos than in person, but that could just be my monitor.  It's a really spicy & warm tone, and looks super crisp against the mouldings.

So, what do you think?

1 comment:

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!