Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Update

Whew, we had a busy & crafty weekend!!  My sister & nephew are here for a little visit, so I had a partner-in-crime for some fun crafts and shopping.  We also snuck in a little animal fun!


First up, a secret sneak peek of a craft we worked on 'til our eye-sight was almost gone.  I'm dying to share, but I don't want to ruin the surprise- they are favors for babygirl's first birthday party next month.  Any guesses?


We bought SIX gallons of paint during the 40% off paint sale at Sherwin Williams.  Can't wait to get started, but LOTS of work ahead (love you hubs!!!).


The paint guy even threw in a supplement to my fan-deck with the newer paint colors; I was super-psyched (thanks Brandon!!).


Here's a sample of the dining room color.  That was a quick slap of paint.  It should deepen up nicely with two coats.  (Daredevil SW 6882)


And here's a sample of the family room color.  I am less than thrilled.  Especially with how it looks in this photo.  Way, waaaaaaaaaay cooler than I was expecting.  But I am holding out hope that it will come out nicely in the end.  Cuz I have THREE gallons of it.  Non-returnable.  (Pavestone SW 7642)


Here's a fabric I picked up to make a dress for babygirl's first birthday party.  Think I am going to try and use this "pattern" .  I'll let you know how that goes!


A little meerkat fun at Zoo Atlanta (free admission to Fulton County residents this weekend- so cool!). 


There was such beautiful bamboo all throughout the zoo.  We got so inspired to (finally!) plant some in the natural area of the backyard.  It was exotic & enchanting!


Lazy day hanging out in the bamboo.


And my favorite- the goats in the petting zoo.  Oh yes I did go and pet the goats, and no I didn't bring babygirl with me.  LOL.  I'd love to have goats in the backyard some day!!

So that was our weekend, how was yours?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, non-refundable paint that isn't the right color. It stinks. I feel your pain. Here's hoping it works out, though!

    So glad to have you playing along in the craft challenge! Thanks for putting the button in your sidebar, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, I'm hoping it works out too!! Every picture I've Googled using that paint color has come out more like what I was expecting, so keeping fingers crossed!!

      And thanks for hosting the craft challenge, I'm super-excited!!

      Delete

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!