Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Catching Up

Oh goodness....I've taken a bit of an unscheduled hiatus from blogging, I do apologize!!  A lot has happened since I last posted, most notably I've been sick with bronchitis for what feels like ages.  Ugh!  I think I'm on the mend, but I still have a cough, and I sound more like papa carrie t instead of mama carrie t, LOL.

Here's a little glimpse into what's happened since we chatted last...

We hung our flatscreen on the wall, as I had mentioned was on our to-do list, and whew, was that a project!  More to come...


We were lucky enough to attend the lovely garden wedding of one of my oldest childhood friends (we've known each other since the 6th grade!!).  Incidentally, it was one week before babygirl's 1st birthday, and our FIRST DATE since she was born!  I think we need to get out more!  ;)


I sewed another (two) dresses, this time for babygirl's birthday party.  I thought I'd be clever and follow an online tutorial, but my first attempt was too small, so I had to make another.  Tutorial to come!


We had a fab birthday party for babygirl's first birthday complete with favors handmade by mama!  (tutorials to come, of course!)


Awesome cupcakes baked inside icecream cones.


A happy birthday girl.


Who didn't know WHAT to think when she got a whole cupcake to herself!  Daddy finally had to smoosh a little icing on her lips.  She didn't touch the cupcake at all.  Lol.


And a full view of her dress.  I am super proud of it!  


So there's a little peek into what we've been up to around here.  I have lots more to share as I get back on my feet after the party and this darn bronchitis!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments!! They make my day, so please don't be shy!!